Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FILIPINO PICNIC!

During the course of my wonderful stay in Roseburg and working at Washington Mutual Bank, I have met some Filipinos in the community. And most of them speak Cebuano! That was the exciting part.. I could speak my native language with them!

They had a Filipino picnic scheduled and of course they invited me to come! It was held at Stewart Park (for the people in Roseburg you know where that is) last August 18th. That was on a Saturday.

When Matt and I saw the place full of Filipinos, I had literally felt that I had stepped into another culture and felt that I was in the Philippines again. I was so excited and just so happy to be around the crazy Filipinos that I love! Even though I was new to the group they had welcomed me and Matt (Mom Midge, Ashley and her friend were there too having a great time) like any typical Filipino family would when they have guests. The atmosphere was fun and light. Everybody was just having fun! My eyes went big on the Filipino food that was served! LOL! What can I say?! I am a FILIPINO and proud to be one!

Anyway, we will be having a Filipino Christmas Party on December and I am looking forward to another fun and Filipino FOOD!!! And of course being able to connect with the other Filipinos who are here..

Mom had taken pictures and will post them as soon as we get them from her. Matt and I seem to forget. You'll enjoy them!