Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Capitol!

Matt and I drove up to Olympia, Washington State last Wednesday (Jan 18th) to help one of our friends (Ernie and his family) move up there. It was also exciting for me as this is my second state to be in the US! It was such a blessing also to be able to spend time with Ernie and his family. They're such wonderful people.

We then drove to the Capitol of Olympia before we left for Roseburg. I'm glad we did coz we got to tour the capitol and see what was inside of the Legislative building. Here are some pictures..


Matt and I in one of the statues.. There were two statues there that were donated to the Capitol. Interestingly though, they were both statues of missionaries to the US. This statue which is the smallest one is a statue of a missionary nun who helped build a lot of hospitals. She was also an engineer by profession.

This is the largest donated statue.. a statue of a missionary holding a bible..

This is me playing the piano in the Reception room where they sometimes hold special government meetings. No I didn't have a praise and worship service! LOL! The tour guide asked us who played the piano and so I took the opportunity! Hahaha. I wasn't playing around either.. I actually played chopsticks! At least I know that it was called chopsticks. Matt was even surprised that I knew how to play! He said I did really good. Now for those of you who know me, I do not play the keyboard and I don't know how.. this was a very rare occasion! I learned this when I was 18.

Me sitting on the governor's chair! Again the tour guide told me I could so I did! And of course Matt took a picture of me. I told him that this is a blog picture! LOL.

This monument has an angel over the troops of the US Soldiers.. isn't that amazing?



And interestingly, the side of the statue says, "Greater love hath no man than this than a man lay down his life for his friends.." Sound familiar? It's in John 15:13.. America was founded with the Word of God! God bless America!