Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Medical Exam

Hi everyone! We're in Manila right now. I just had my medical exam at St. Luke's Extension Clinic. It went really smooth. Matt and I were there around 5am (yes 5am) and I got #19 as my priority number. Yes, there were 18 applicants who were earlier than me plus the people with them.

It was a very nice clinic. More than what I expected it to be. It has aircon (really strong!) and an active staff. I think they have 6 floors plus parking. And they are devoted to conducting medical exams for immigrant and nonimmigrant applicants for US (which has the most number), Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Usually it takes a whole day (if you arrive late) or even more than that to accomplish the medical exam especially if you haven't had the required vaccinations yet. I was done around 10am and didn't have to have any vaccinations because I already did mine months before and I took my vaccination records with me. Praise God. I just need to come back tomorrow to get my results.

I had to do an x-ray, blood and urine test, vital signs, eye test, immunization interview and physical exam where you "unrobe" everything because the doctor will check everything. I had a female doctor so no worries plus when I had my surgery done for my right breast I had a male surgeon, a male anesthesiologist and male nurses. I was on anesthesia so I didn't remember anything from the operation.

It's so cool also as I went to wait for the physical exam part, I got priority #5 and assigned to room #7! That's just an FYI for those who know that 5 & 7 are significant numbers for us. The number 5 means "grace" and number 7 is God's number. God is with us and His grace is sufficient for us! Amen.

My interview is on the 19th so please keep us in your prayers. Also we will be visiting my dad and my family in Dumaguete on the 14th. We will be back in Manila on the 18th for my interview.